Thursday, June 21, 2012

Make Your Own Personalized Pull Chains for Your Ceiling Fans & Lights

One day, I went to turn the ceiling fan on in my living room and snap!  The pull chain busted.  Luckily, there was still some chain left that was attached to the fan which gave me the idea to construct my own personal pull chain.  This particular chain in the photo was originally a sun catcher charm made by a friend who gave it to me as a gift.  So I thought, why not not attach it to the chain?  I twisted some jewelry wire around the hook where it hung and then tightly twisted the extra wire up and around the individual beads that were left in the pull chain.  It was a simple fix, and needless to say, much more fashionable than the original pull chain.  It's little details like this that people notice and appreciate.


If your pull chain isn't broken, you can usually detach the long end of the chain from the chain connector (See image below), which leaves you with a little chain that gives just enough room to wire on something pretty.  Some other ideas might include broken necklaces, or durable strings to thread beads on (such as fishing wire, jewelry wire, etc).  Just make sure whatever you choose is going to hold together when you give a good tug on it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment